Our History

  • Barton’s Creek Baptist Church was organized April 21, 1849 and met in the Clemmons School House.
  • Charter Members: W.P. Wilburn, Mary Johnson, R.S. Wilburn, & Nancy Wilburn.
  • A new church building was raised in 1896, and Elijah Maddox served as the first moderator.
  • In 1921 J.H. Johnson deeded one acre of land in front of the church for a cemetery.
  • Until February 1934, services were held on the third Saturday & Sunday of each month. In October 1944, the church voted to go to “full-time” services.
  • On October 15, 1950, the church voted to build a parsonage, and Bro. Cannie Leonard & family were the first to live in it.
  • June 6, 1965 – A new sanctuary was planned. B. Ray McCarley, Joe Reed, Ezra Manning, Raymond Dedman, & Ham Johnson were the Building Committee. The sanctuary was complete in August 1971.